At Mir Cement quality is paramount. We test all our products regularly both in our own labs and through reputed independent labs such as the Department of Civil Eingeneering Lab at BUET.
Our own laboratories are equipped with the latest testing equipment amd staffed with qualified chemists and skilled technicians who work 24 hours a day in 3 hour shifts, in accordance to guidelines laid down by BSTI, to ensure that every batch conforms to EN specefications. In addition we send samples to BUET laboratories for independent testing every month.
. Samples for imported raw materials (clinker, gypsum, blast furnace slag) are tested before an L/C is opened. Only those that conform to our standards are ordered.
2. A second test is carried out once raw materials arrive on site for both imported and locally procured raw materials (Fly Ash, Lime Stone)
3. If the raw materials pass the test they are then sent to the laboratory mini Ball Mill in different ratios to make fine cement of different qualities which are again tested. The best one is chosen for mass production in the mill.
4. Once production begins, samples of work in progress are collected every hour for the following tests
a) Blain Fineness
c) Initial and final setting time
5. Additionally more tests are carried out at regular intervals:
a) Compressive strength test on days 2 and 28 as per EN standards
b) Compressive strength test on days 3, 7, and 28 as per ASTM standards
Immediate corrective measures are taken if any discrepancies are found
6. Extreme care is taken to prevent hydration of cement, which may result in loss of strength. Once bagged, cement is delivered instantly to the customer to reduce the chance of hydration.
7. Lastly, we pay a lot of attention to the feedback system from the user level is in force via marketing department to the factory on quality such as setting time, strength, Soundness, etc. which enables the quality control & operation department to take proper steps for improvement and also to keep consistency of quality.